COME RAIN, COME SHINE. COME GREEN, COME SEED. COME SOWING , COME REAPING… ALA IMO MUST SEE LIGHT. OUR PEOPLE MUST SEE GOOD AND PROSPERITY.
Ecclesiastes1:9.. “What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again, there is nothing new under the sun”.
Nothing can happen without God’s permission! Whether you believe it or not, it is a fact. God is Sovereign. He is the King, the ruler or the boss. He calls the shots in the universe.
Psalm 24:1 says, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it”. Therefore, it holds then that everything that happens in heaven or on earth is subject to God’s commands.
However, one thing remains sure , no matter what happens, Ndi Imo must see PROSPERITY. Ala Igbo must see light and prosperity. The labours of our TRUE HEROES, DR MICHAEL OKPARA , DEE SAM MBAKWE etc shall never be in vain.
To, the new governor, Senator Hope Uzodinma (Onwa) and those, who stood and fought with him over the last 2 years, I say congratulations. Always remember to be magnanimous in victory. Remember also that the task ahead is daunting. Imo state is still bleeding and need urgent good governance therapeutic interventions to commence recovery. You promised Imo NEW PROSPERITY . The assignment and path to prosperity starts now.
To those, who lost out, please kindly note that power is always ephemeral and transient. Nothing is new under the sun. Just accept the situation and move on. God is still in control of the affairs of men. It is not the end of life. You win some, you lose some.
To the AGIPs, Any Government In Power, who are already dancing more than the victors and triumphants 😂😂😂 . Na una way now . Make una take am easy ooo. Imo Wu Nke Anyi nile. Kindly, remember that is not about chopping and cleaning mouth and jumping to the next table. Governor Hope , biko beware, be vigilant.
To all those, who will be saddled with the assignment of governing Imo state in the next four year, please note the following subsisting situation still on ground in Ala Imo :
1. That Imo state currently has over 1m of her citizens that live below the extreme poverty level. (This is very unacceptable )
2. Over 84,000 Imo kids are out of school. (This is very outrageous )
3. Imo state currently has huge housing deficit of over 534,000 housing units valued at over N5.34trillion to fix .
4. Imo state still has over N50billion pension liabilities to pay.
5. Imo state still has over N130billion, mostly debts incurred over the last 8 years to offset . In fact , from January to December 2019, over N10.64 billion was deducted at source, from our FAAC receivables to service the huge debt owed by Imo state (sources ;Federal Ministry of Finance )
6. Imo state has no world class hospital or any specialist diagnostic hospital. None of the 27 LGAs in Imo state, has any functioning secondary or tertiary health institution that works 24/7. Most of the Primary Health Care Centers , PHC across the 305 wards are either dead or home to rodents.
7. Youth unemployment is extremely high. To worsen this, Imo state has huge infrastructure decay- roads, water , power, security and absent of any worthwhile factories or industrial production to drive job creation for our teeming youths.
Today, Imo state requires about N912billion/$2.56billion non-fiscal revenue/capital to fix her huge infrastructure gaps over the next 8 years.
The above are just some of the challenges that stare the new governor in the face.
Lets all not lose sight of the key fact here, that Power is transient . Power is acquired for the good of the people. Power is used to better the welfare and lots of the majority. POWER IS USED TO BUILD PROSPERITY FOR THE PEOPLE. As we rejoice and celebrate, let’s always have these things at the back of our minds
Hope Uzodinma is now our Governor, let’s all support him selflessly to govern well . Let the wicked counsellors and ndi ori la uvu please stay far away from him for the good of our people. Proverb 25:5.
Aguru nwere Hope anaghi egbu egbu.
God bless Ala Imo
Dr Nnaemeka Onyeka OBIARAERI, FICA , MIRA