By Ogu Bundu Nwadike, M.A
The candidature of His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, CON, KSC with his running-mate, Hon. Gerald Irona, has continued to receive endorsements and supports from across Imo State, Nigeria, Africa, America, Asia, Australia, Europe and South America.
The latest endorsement and support is coming from the United Kingdom courtesy of a vibrant political pressure that goes under the aegis of *”Imo UK 4 Ihedioha & Irona”*.
This endorsement and support is coming a couple of weeks after His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha was warmly hosted in London by a cross-section of Imo people resident in that country.
The group “Imo UK 4 Ihedioha & Irona” which adds “Ndi di oha mma” to its name, has published a list which it captioned “40 Categories of People Who Will Not Vote For Hon. Ihedioha and Hon. Irona”.
The content of the long list can be concisely summarized as those who are happy with the prevalent precarious situation, circumstances and conditions, who do not wish to see the liberation of Imo people and the rebuilding Imo State. They will not vote for Ihedioha and Irona.
According to “Imo UK 4 Ihedioha & Irona” “Ndi di oha mma”, the people that will not vote for Ihedioha and Irona are those that have benefitted from the maladministration of Imo State since 2011 by the expiring regime.
The group also averred that those who will not vote for Ihedioha and Irona will include innocent Imolites that ignorantly support those that have been working hand in gloves with the infamous retiring governor against Imo State and Imo people.
Indeed, it will amount to a futile exercise in unnecessary rigmaroling if we attempt to summarize in a short essay as this the 40 items in their list. But it should suffice to say that the group took time to isolate and publish the categories of people that will not vote for Ihedioha and Irona.
Incidentally, it’s not only diasporean Imolites that have been interested in sorting out the classes of people in Imo State with regards to attitude towards the candidature of Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha and Hon. Gerald Irona.
The vast homebased support groups that form the formidable foot-soldiers of the Ihedioha Campaign Organization have also been streamlining the Imo electorates.
However, while “Imo UK 4 Ihedioha & Irona” are looking at those that won’t vote Ihedioha and Irona, the homebased Ihedioha-Irona supports groups are concerned with those that will vote for the Imo PDP guber candidate and his running-mate.
The homebased Ihedioha-Irona support groups have unequivocally stated those they are so sure will vote for Ihedioha and Irona.
According to them, those that will unargubaly vote for Ihedioha and Irona will include all sincere Imo people who have suffered enough trauma and opprobrium in the hands of the regime in its twilight stage. They include but are not limited to the following:
1. Traditional rulers and their true subjects who the oligarchy-oriented and monarchy-minded rescue missonary grossly reduced the to pathetic unpardonable ridicules.
2. The leaders and indigenes of the 27 LGAS of Imo State whose fiscal allocations from the federation account, amounting to not less than N100 billion, have been confiscated by the governor since 2011, with ugly consequences for the respective LGAS.
3. All categories of workers and pensioners in the Imo State Civil Service, ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs), who the evidently inhuman governor has turned upside down their initial dreams of happily, diligently and conscientiously serving Imo State and Imo people and enjoying a blissful retirement.
5. Children and family members of workers and pensioners that watch their parents and grandparents die, while being subjected to recurrent and endless verifications without receiving due salaries and pensions.
6. Traders and their families that were mercilessly and cruelly dislocated from their sources of earning livelihood, following the heartless demolition of nearly the entire markets in Imo State in one fell swoop, with many losing their lives in the process.
May the soul of 11-year old Master Somtoochukwu, who was shot dead by security operatives during the forceful, illegal demolition of Ekeukwu Owerre Market, rest in peace.
7. Students at all levels in Imo State, whose education lost good quality, owing to the neglect of the education sector in Imo State with the state-owned university and its teaching hospital campus, losing accreditation for many courses, forcing students to spend extra years before graduating. Imo people will certainly vote for Ihedioha and Irona in 2019.
8. City transporters, including the motorbike (okada riders), tricycle (keke) operators, and even taxi drivers, whose means of earning decent livelihood was grounded by the inconsiderate governor and his expiring regime.
Indeed, the list of those that will vote for the Ihedioha-Irona candidature in 2019 is rather long but the foregoing summaries suffice.
Going by the reports being filed in by the support groups and foot-soldiers in Ihedioha Campaign Organization, the people of Imo State are understandably dissatisfied with the draconic regime that has in principle come to an end.
In Part 2 of this series, the reasons for the irresistible choice of Ihedioha and Irona will once again be articulated for the yet to be informed people to understand why Imo people will hand their votes and mandates to the amiable duo of His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha CON KSC and Hon. Gerald Irona. Watch out for Part 2 soon!
(c) Ogu Bundu Nwadike, M.A??