We can reliably report the following pro and anti protest groups. Recall that Nigeria Labour Congress called for a nationwide strike following the planned fuel hike.
Pro protest groups.
1. Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC).
2. Trade Union Congress. (TUC)
3. Vehicle Owners Association of Nigeria (VOAN).
4. Nigerian Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE).
Anti Protest Groups.
1. Abuja Chambers of Commerce and Industry (ACCI).
2. National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers (NAAPE).
3. National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG).
4. Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN).
5. Nigerian Employers Consultative Association (NECA).
6. House of Representatives Ask Labour to Shelve Strike .
7. National Association of Road Transport Owners (NARTO).
C.V.Akuta Media cannot independently confirm the stand of the following anti protest groups.
1. National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW).
2. Radio, Television, & Theatre Workers Union (RATTAWU).
Groups Ready to Start Importing Fuel.
1. Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN).
Groups Calling for Further Negotiation Between Federal Government and Labour.
1. Logos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI).