Advertisements

Seeds, Sowing, and Harvests.

Seed sowing in the bible and even as used by our Lord Jesus Christ in his many parables means practical/tangible inputs and outputs. It involves work , skills and labour . It means to sow and reap the kind you sowed. You can’t sow, onions and reap yam . You always reap the kind you sowed.

It is from the output of your sowing, ie. Harvest from your cultivated and sown seeds that you give gifts to widows, orphans and to the church from your harvest .

Psalm 126:6 says, .. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him .

You don’t use your school fees, or money given to you for someone’s specific project to sow seed in church in your church expecting miracles monies to flow in. Don’t mix foolishness with God’s voice and ways .

The first time tithe was mentioned in the bible was when Abraham met Melchizedek after defeating and despoiling the Four kings, Amraphel of Babylonia, Arioch of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer of Elam, and Tidal of Goiim,

Genesis 14:17..And Melchizedek, who was king of Salem and also a priest of the Most High God, brought bread and wine to Abram, 19 blessed him, and said, “May the Most High God, who made heaven and earth, bless Abram! 20 May the Most High God, who gave you victory over your enemies, be praised!” And Abram gave Melchizedek a tenth of all the loot he had recovered.(Please study the sequence again … Abram did not pay tithe to open the Windows of heaven as some always assert. He tithed to show worshipful appreciation of Jehovah, who gave him Victory over the 4 kings. He tithed out of the spoils recovered.)

In verse 21, when the king of Sodom asked Abram to keep The 90% remaining after paying tithe of 10%, please read for yourself what Abram said ….. The king of Sodom said to Abram, “Keep the loot, but give me back all my people.” Abram answered, “I solemnly swear before the Lord, the Most High God, Maker of heaven and earth, that I will not keep anything of yours, not even a thread or a sandal strap. Then you can never say, ‘I am the one who made Abram rich.

Abram was already wealthy, with an Army of 318 men (loyal men born, trained and raised in his home before going into that war.

I don’t know where people learnt this wild theory that prayer and fasting will attract dollar rain without works

When you pray and fast, you are only opening doors to interact and hear from God and get His guidance on steps to take . Many are the plans of a mans heart , but the Lord directs his steps.

You must do the things that you are supposed to do… it is the honest and diligent works of your hands , that God will bless by helping you to have more than abundant harvest. But you must give God something to multiply. Hundred folds can only come from what you sowed. You cant sow bicycle and reap hundred fold limousine …. In Jehovah’s Kingdom , there are orderliness and sound principles. He is not an author of confusion and bedlam

When He had 5000 hungry men to feed after preaching to them , they provided 5 loaves and 2 fishes , which He blessed and multiplied.

When the wife of the debtor prophet approached Elisha for bailout, he asked her what she has ..she brought her jar of oil and then had to borrow not a few vessels that God filled with her own jar of oil that she kept at home .

When lot was kidnapped with his family by the 4 Kings , Abram did not crouch under the mamre tree to lament and weep at God . He rounded up his 318 men and chased after the 4 kings to defeat them and recover what was looted. We cannot continue to claim the blessings of Abraham, hole up every week in build up 1m seater synagogues in the guise of only praying and raining spiritual curses , when our brethren and kinds are daily murdered and kidnapped All over Nigeria by jihadists and sons of chadolermer from across the sahel, and expect God to do what we are supposed to do for ourselves.

We must give God something tangible to multiply. We must always step out to use the brains and hands that He gave to us . GOD can never be blackmailed by any man’s emotions and foolishness

May God help us to be wise

Dr Nnaemeka Onyeka OBIARAERI, FICA, MIRA

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: